Man assaults security officers at hospital

Kitsap County Superior Court cases

A 29-year-old Bremerton man was in Kitsap County Superior Court Feb. 12 charged with harassment and third-degree malicious mischief.

He faces six years in prison and $15,000 in fines. Bail was set at $270,000.

Court papers say Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office responded to an assault in progress at St. Michael’s Medical Center in Silverdale Feb. 9 at 10:25 p.m.

The suspect had assaulted security staff and damaged an ambulance. The suspect was yelling he was going to start “stacking bodies” of security officers when deputies arrived. The suspect said he was going to slit two deputies throats with a knife.

The suspect had voluntarily come to the hospital with his 7-year-old son as he was under the influence of LSD. He became enraged when his son was moved to a different room. He said he was going to get an AR-15 from his truck and shoot security officers in the head. He told one security officer he was going to kill him, cut out his liver and feed it to the officer’s children.

The suspect also punched the side mirror of a Bainbridge Island Fire Department aid unit, causing about $750 in damage. The suspect had to be tackled to the ground by several deputies to be handcuffed.

Threat to kill

A 40-year-old Spokane man was in Superior Court Feb. 7 on a charge of harassment (threat to kill) domestic violence.

He faces at least five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Kitsap sheriff’s reports say a mother reported to police Oct. 13, 2023 that her daughter’s husband threatened to kidnap her and kill their daughter. The husband reportedly was headed to Port Orchard to kill the mom, kidnap the daughter then kill himself.

The wife said she bought a firearm to protect them from her husband who was having erratic behavior.

Unlawful imprisonment

A 31-year-old Port Orchard man was in Superior Court Feb. 7 charged with unlawful imprisonment.

He faces at least five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Kitsap sheriff’s reports say they responded to a verbal fight Feb. 6 at 7:04 p.m. at SE Yeshua Lane.

The wife said she and the husband had been married four years, and they had two children, but she was done and moving out. The man wouldn’t let her leave.