In an announcement Monday, Bremerton Mayor Greg Wheeler will be waiving utility fees for all residents amid the COVID-19 outbreak.
According to a press release, the following actions have been put into place to assist Bremerton residents:
- The City of Bremerton will not be shutting off water during this time
- The city is waiving late payments for utility bills
- The city is waiving online credit card fees for payments of utility bills
- The city will be working with customers to establish payment plans and other payment options
“We are facing unprecedented times and these steps will help with reducing some financial worries for our residents in our community,” Wheeler said.
Puget Sound Energy has also put into place measures to assist Bremerton customers, such as:
- PSE will not be disconnecting customers during this time
- PSE received approval for a waiver that allows them to waive late fees
- PSE will work with customers on options such as payment plans and choosing a new bill due date
Utility Billing staff are available to answer questions and provide information at