PORT ORCHARD — Residents looking for ways to get more deeply involved in county government and improve their communities while helping connect citizens to local services can do so by applying to serve on one of the many Kitsap County advisory groups.
If you have knowledge and expertise you’d like to put to good use, the county is interested in having you provide valuable input on local programs and policy.
Those selected are appointed by county commissioners to serve as sounding boards and conduits between citizens, communities, county staff and commissioners. Members may also review grant applications, transportation and development plans or host informational events with other public agencies.
Applications are being accepted for the following boards, committees and councils:
- Board of Equalization — (the board makes decisions on appeals to assessed property values) South Kitsap and alternate representatives are being sought.
- Commission on Children and Youth — at-large, military, tribal, Bremerton and North School District youth representatives are being sought.
- Manchester Citizens Advisory Committee — a Nebraska neighborhood representative is being sought.
- Non-Motorized Facilities Citizens Advisory Committee — an at-large representative is being sought.
- Planning Commission — a South Kitsap representative is being sought.
- Suquamish Citizens Advisory Committee — an at-large representative is being sought.
- Veterans Advisory Board — an at-large representative is being sought.
- Washington State Ferries Advisory Committees — A Bainbridge Island route representative is being sought.
More information about those positions and the online application are available at Kitsap County Volunteer Services. Call 360-337-4650 or contact email@example.com.