Man survives electrocution in Poulsbo

Power knocked out in city for several hours.

POULSBO — A utility worker was uninjured and walked away after being electrocuted when the utility box he was working on grounded out at about 4:25 p.m. June 26 near the Wild Horse BBQ, said Poulsbo Fire Department public information officer Jody Matson.

A jolt of electricity surged through the box, causing it to ground out and sparking a minor explosion. Matson said the ground surrounding the box was smoking when she arrived on scene, but there was not a fire as a result.

Emergency medical personnel examined the worker, but determined he was OK and didn’t require transport to Harrison Hospital. Power was out in the Poulsbo area for several hours, Matson said.

Additional details will follow in the June 30 edition of the North Kitsap Herald.