BREMERTON — The League of Women Voters of Kitsap has scheduled a series of candidate forums from Sept. 28 to Oct. 11. The forums will be streamed and rebroadcast on BKAT (Bremerton Kitsap Access Television).
The general election is Nov. 7. Ballots will be mailed Oct. 18, according to the Kitsap County Auditor Elections Office.
Sept. 28, 6 p.m., Kitsap County Commissioners Chambers: South Kitsap School Board Position 3, Port Orchard City Council Position 6, Port Orchard City Council At-Large.
Oct. 3, 6 p.m., Norm Dicks Government Center: Bremerton City Council districts 1, 3 and 5; mayor of Bremerton.
Oct. 9, 6:30 p.m., Poulsbo City Council Chambers: mayor of Poulsbo; North Kitsap School Board districts 1 and 3.
Oct. 9, 6:30 p.m., Bainbridge City Council Chambers: Bainbridge City Council districts 3, 5 and 7.
Oct. 10, 6 p.m., Norm Dicks Government Center: Central Kitsap School Board District 5; Port of Bremerton Commissioner District 1.
Oct. 11, 6:30 p.m., Bainbridge City Council Chambers: Bainbridge Island School Board districts 2 and 5; Bainbridge Island Park and Recreation Commissioner District 5.
Additionally, on Sept. 27, the League will conduct 30-minute forums in the BKAT studio near the Kitsap County Fairgrounds for the following races:
- Kitsap County Fire District 18 (Poulsbo Fire), Position 3.
- Port of Illahee Commissioner District 2.
- Port of Manchester Commissioner District 3.
- West Sound Utility District Commissioner Position 2.
- North Perry Water District Commissioner Position 3.
- Kitsap County Sewer District (Bainbridge Island) Commissioner Position 2.
- Silverdale Water District Commissioner Position 3.