PORT ORCHARD — Selected Kitsap County roadways will be affected by construction and repair work through Dec. 21, according to the county’s public works department.
Roads affected include:
Shoulder and realignment work continues on Carney Lake Road Southwest (between Southwest Alta Vista Drive and Southwest Grace Street) through Dec. 21. Expect significant delays longer than 10 minutes, with some detours expected. Learn more about the project at kcowa.us/CarneyLake.
Crews are performing maintenance work at several locations during the week. Expect moderate delays of up to 10 minutes at the following locations:
- Bandix Road Southeast between Southeast Burley Olalla Road and Southeast Walnut Road — Monday, Dec. 17 to Tuesday, Dec. 18;
- Southeast Salmonberry Road between Phillips Road and Long Lake — Friday, Dec. 21;
- Expect short delays at the intersection of Lake Helena And Wick Lake roads Tuesday, Dec. 18. A geotechnical firm will be drilling in this area. Traffic will be restricted to one lane.
Crews are doing overhead vegetation management during the week at the locations below. Expect moderate delays of up to 10 minutes at the following locations:
- Intersection of Hardt Avenue and Oceanview Boulevard — all week
- Intersection of Northwest Holly Road and Seabeck Holly Road Northwest — Monday, Dec. 17;
- Near the intersection of Pine Road Northeast and Northeast McWilliams Road — Monday, Dec. 17;
- Intersection of Thebes Street Northeast and Corfu Boulevard Northeast — Monday, Dec. 17 – Thursday, Dec. 20;
- Trenton Avenue — all week;
- Winters Road Northeast — all week;
- Intersection of Seabeck Highway Northwest and Leeward Avenue Northwest — Wednesday, Dec. 19;
- Northeast Electric continues work on a project to install a new traffic signal at the intersection of Northwest Newberry Hill Road and Tieton Place Northwest. Expect short delays in the immediate vicinity of the work.
Expect moderate delays of 5-10 minutes on Ridgetop Boulevard Northwest (between SR 303 and Quail Run Drive) as work continues on an improvement project there. Flaggers will direct motorists through the work area. Some delays may be longer due to equipment movement.
Most of the major work is done on Silverdale Way Northwest around the Old Town project. Ancillary work remains with intermittent lane closures and minor delays anticipated.
Expect significant delays of 15 minutes or more along Silverdale Way, between Misty Ridge Lane and Ridgetop Boulevard, for a construction project. Traffic is restricted to one lane at times. The center turn lane is closed during working hours.
Washington Boulevard Northeast has a 10,000-pound weight limit in effect. Portions of the road surface are gravel.