Kitsap County Court Cases

Rape charge

A 29-year-old man was charged with third-degree rape with bail set at $500,000 March 6 in Kitsap County Superior Court.

If convicted he faces up to five years in prison and/or a $10,000 fine.

At about 3:14 a.m. Bremerton police were called to the 5600 block of Kitsap Way. The victim said she had been drinking and was offered a ride by someone she had seen before. He took her to some hotels but there were no vacancies. He finally found a room, where he raped her.

She was able to escape and call police once he fell asleep. She went to St. Michael’s Medical Center for a Sexual Assault Medical Examination.

Domestic violence

A 27-year-old Bremerton man was charged March 2 with second-degree assault with a special allegation of domestic violence.

Bail was set at $250,000. If convicted the maximum sentence is 10 years in prison and/or a $20,000 fine.

On Jan. 6 at 3:36 p.m., police went to the 2500 block of NE McWilliams Road. A woman had bruising on her face and neck. She said she didn’t report it because she gave $21,000 to the boyfriend to buy a house for them. She was afraid she would not get it back. Even when he did get it back she said she didn’t want to ruin his career.

Their baby needed a diaper change. She asked the man for help, and he did, but he became upset. When she tried to intervene he physically attacked her. He put the baby in the bathtub, which scared her. Her 4-year-old daughter was watching. Later he started hitting himself and screaming. He said he would not have hurt her if she just had listened to him.

Man robbed

A 25-year-old man was arrested by Bremerton police for robbing $150 from a victim in an alley in the 800 block of 6th Street March 4.

The man was in court March 6 with bail set at $250,000 for first-degree robbery. The victim said he had been drinking when he took an Uber to the 7-11 to get cigarettes at 2:34 a.m. He then went into a nearby alley and attempted to buy cannabis when he was robbed.

Officers attacked

A 35-year-old Bremerton man was charged with third-degree and fourth-degree assaults after a stabbing and fight with two officers.

He was in court March 6. Bail was set at $150,000. If convicted, the maximum sentence is five years and/or $10,000 fine on the first charge, and 364 days in jail and/or a $5,000 fine on the second charge.

Police responded to a possible stabbing at the Walmart at 6797 Highway 305 NE. A man got into an argument with another man who was living in a car. The man raised his hand as if to strike the transient, who defended himself with a knife.

The man was found in a restroom at a nearby gas station. There was blood all over. The man fought with the officer and another officer came in and tased the suspect. That did not work because he was wearing a puffy coat. The man then fought with both officers before he was handcuffed.