A fire Tuesday at a Bremerton mobile home park was caused by improperly discarded smoking material, according to investigators. The fire claimed the life of the sole occupant, recently identified as 37-year-old Ryan Anderson.
Assistant fire marshal Tina Turner said the fire originated in the front room of the single-wide, manufactured home. Turner added that investigators found no smoke detectors installed in Anderson’s residence, located in the 4000 block of NW Country Lane.
Neighbor Angela Bargewell said she knew Anderson had a habit of smoking cigarettes indoors when asked about the fire on Tuesday.