The third annual Bremerton Bridge Blast, set for June 29 — the only bridge fireworks show in Washington — will feature some new enhancements for the local community.
The fireworks display will take place on the Manette Bridge at 10:15 p.m. It will include over 10,000 breaks, seven launch stations which will be firing shells up to eight inches in diameter, with heights over 900 feet.
Earlier in the day, The Bremerton Bridge Blast street fair will be held on the Louis Mentor Boardwalk from noon to 10:30 p.m. Over 60 vendors will be on-site for food, shopping, beer and entertainment.
- Megan and Heidi – noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Ranger and the Re-Arrangers – 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Betsy and the Boys – 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Soul Siren – 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Evergreen Rotary Park will also be open for vendors, beer and food from 2 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. A concert will start at 5:30 p.m. with High Voltage opening for headliner Journey Revised.
Before the fireworks display, an airshow will take place at 8 p.m. on the south side of the Manette Bridge. The four pilots are Vicky Benzig, a skydiver, aerobatic performer and air racer; Steven Bennet, who has been a professional pilot for 30 years; Renny Price, who fly’s the Russian Sukhoi-29; and Will Allen, who incorporates music into his performance.
Free parking will be available at Olympic College. On-street parking is free the day of the event. At Evergreen Rotary Park, all parking lots and boat launches will be closed to the public starting Friday, June 28th at 11 p.m.
- The Manette Bridge will be closed to vehicles from 8 a.m. Saturday until 2 a.m. Sunday
- Pitt Avenue from Harkins to East 10th Street will be closed from 2 p.m. until 1 a.m. on Saturday
- East 11th St. from Shore to Scott Ave. will be closed from 2 p.m. until 1 a.m. on Saturday
- Shore Dr. from 11th to Hayward Ave. will be closed from 2 p.m. until 1 a.m. on Saturday
- Sheldon Blvd. will be closed from 14th to Pacific Ave. from Friday 11 p.m. until Sunday 2 a.m.
- Pacific Ave. to 8th Street will be closed from Friday 5 p.m. until Monday 8 a.m.
The Manette Bridge will be closed to pedestrians from 9 p.m. until after the fireworks show is cleared. Boat traffic will also be restricted from crossing under the bridge from 9 p.m. until approximately 10:45 p.m. Boat traffic is restricted from an area of about 2,500 feet by 1,500 feet off the Bremerton marina during the air show. Fireworks are not allowed in city parks and drones will not be permitted at any time.