BREMERTON – The Bremerton City Council will interview seven candidates for appointment to the District 4 council member position Jan. 10. Appointment is scheduled to follow.
The position was vacated by Greg Wheeler, who was elected mayor.
Applying for appointment:
- Daniel Sanborn Conley
- Marie Vila
- Gregory C. Stewart
- John Hurley
- Tony Hillman
- Darryl Scott Riley
- Jaime L. Forsyth
The City Council will meet beginning at 5 p.m. in the Norm Dicks Government Center, 345 Sixth St., Suite 100, Bremerton. Meetings are open to the public.
Here’s the agenda.
- Confirm appointment of Dino Davis to the Bremerton Planning Commission.
- Resolution approving Phase II of the East Park Final Plat.
- Lease agreement with Pacific NW Marine Co. (dba Freedom Boat Club) for commercial office space adjacent to the Louis Mentor Boardwalk.
- Resolution authorizing National Fish and Wildlife Foundation Five Star & Urban Waters Restoration Program Grant Application for Kitsap Lake.
- Local agency contract with MJ Hughes Construction, Inc. for West Belfair Valley Road and Tracyton Beach Road Innovative Safety Project.
- Illumination upgrades by Puget Sound Energy on State Route 303 (Wheaton Way) from Sheridan Road to NE Riddell Road.
BRIEFINGS & FULL PRESENTATIONS
- Resolution adopting Kitsap County Solid and Hazardous Waste Management Plan.
- 2018 Legislative Agenda (for use at the Association of Washington Cities City Action Days Conference).
GENERAL COUNCIL BUSINESS
- Audit Committee briefing (Dec. 18 meeting) by the committee’s 2017 chairwoman, Pat Sullivan.
DISTRICT 4 CANDIDATE INTERVIEWS
- Council candidate interviews are open to the public.
- The City Council will evaluate the applications for appointment to District 4. Executive sessions are not open to the public.
APPOINTMENT OF DISTRICT 4 COUNCIL MEMBER
- The City Council will reconvene in public session to announce the appointment. The appointee will serve until the results of the Nov. 5, 2019 Municipal General Election are certified.