911 Briefs

Man found bloodied at Filling Station

Man found bloodied at Filling Station

Kitsap County sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to Kingston’s Filling Station Tavern July 13 after a 43-year-old man was found in the restroom bleeding from his face.

When they arrived North Kitsap Fire & Rescue medic units were already on scene.

Medics were informed the man was assaulted after allegedly groping a female at the bar.

Deputies found the man walking along the road by Blue Water Inn. He was bleeding heavily from his nose, mouth and a cut above his left eye.

When asked what happened the man said the last thing he remembered was playing pool when someone hit him.

He insisted on not making a criminal complaint and declined to go to the hospital.

The bartender told police the incident took place in the pool room and started when the man inappropriately touched a woman.

A customer who witnessed the incident said the woman then slapped his face. The man retaliated and hit the girl in the face and, according to the witness, he was attacked by three or four males who were with the woman.

The bartender said the group was never seen in the bar before.

The incident is still under investigation.

Intimidation, right.

A 41-year-old Indianola man was arrested and booked into jail July 11 on suspicion of harassing the Indianola Dock security guard.

The man allegedly was irritated at being told he had to leave the dock after dusk and told the guard “If I hear any sounds I’m going to come back and kill you.”

When Kitsap County sheriff’s deputies arrived and contacted the man down at a beach fire, he seemed intoxicated.

Deputies asked him about threatening to kill the security guard and he replied “You know what? We’re done!”

The man was arrested and placed in handcuffs and told police to contact the Indianola port commissioner so he could straighten everything out and said, “That security guard doesn’t know who I am!”

On the way to jail, the man told police they were making a mistake and the security guard had lied about the incident.

When police asked why the guard would lie, the man responded “Because I intimidated him. He was intimidated because it was his first night on the job.”

The man was booked in jail for harassment. His bail was set at $10,000.