Aug. 1 is Primary Election Day.
Voters will narrow from three to two the field of candidates seeking election to offices and issues in their respective jurisdictions: Bainbridge Island City Council, District 7; Bainbridge Island School Board, District 5; mayor of Bremerton; Bremerton City Council, District 1; Bremerton City Council, District 3; Central Kitsap School Board, District 5; North Kitsap School Board, District 3; and South Kitsap Fire & Rescue Proposition 1.
The two top finishers in the primary will advance to the Nov. 7 general election.
Your ballot must be postmarked by Aug. 1 or deposited into a ballot drop box by 8 p.m. on election day. You can track your ballot at https://weiapplets.sos.wa.gov/MyVote/#/login.
To make voting easier, the Kitsap County Auditor’s Office Elections Division added eight ballot drop boxes, expanding on the nine already in place.
Here’s a list of ballot drop box locations in Kitsap County:
- Bainbridge Island School District, 8489 Madison Ave. NE, Bainbridge Island.
- Kitsap Regional Library, 1301 Sylvan Way, Bremerton.
- Norm Dicks Government Center, 345 Sixth St., Bremerton.
- West Side Improvement Club, 4109 West E St., Bremerton (Navy Yard City).
- Central Kitsap School District Administration Building, 9210 Silverdale Way NW, Silverdale.
- Bremerton Elks Lodge 1181, 4131 Pine Road NE, Bremerton (Tracyton).
- Norwegian Point Park, 38950 Hansville Road NE, Hansville.
- Village Green Park, 10810 NE West Kingston Road, Kingston.
- North Kitsap Fire & Rescue, 26642 Miller Bay Road NE, Kingston.
- Poulsbo Fire Station, 911 NE Liberty Road, Poulsbo.
- Suquamish Tribe Administration Building, 18490 Suquamish Way NE, Suquamish.
- 14972 Bethel-Burley Road SE (near the Burley Store), Burley.
- Manchester Stormwater Park, 2399 Colchester Drive E, Manchester.
- 11564 SE State Highway 160 (near WSF Southworth Ferry Terminal), Southworth.
- Kitsap County Auditor Administration Building, 619 Division St., Port Orchard.
- South Kitsap Fire and Rescue Station 8, 1974 Fircrest Drive SE, Port Orchard.
- South Kitsap Fire and Rescue Station 17, 7990 McCormick Woods Drive SW, Port Orchard.
ELECTION DAY VOTE CENTERS
- 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.: Kitsap County Administration Building, 619 Division St., Port Orchard.
- 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.: Poulsbo Fire Station, 911 NE Liberty Road, Poulsbo.
Meanwhile, there’s still time to get information about the candidates, their priorities, and where they stand on issues.
Use it or lose it: Make your vote count on Aug. 1.