South Kitsap 10, Port Angeles 4
Statia Cermak hit her second home run of the season and also doubled in the Wolves’ 10-4 victory over Port Angeles. After the Roughriders cut the deficit to 5-4 in the top of the sixth, freshman Kaitlynn Johnston broke open the game with a two-run single in the bottom of the frame. Aspen Millet worked four innings and gave up just one run for the victory. The full story from this game can be read here.
Olympic 13, Timberline 1
The floodgates were open for the Trojans (1-0) in their first game of the season as they crushed the Blazers (0-1), 13-1. Morgan Kroesser went 3 for 4 with two home runs, including a grand slam, and five RBI. Molly Gates drove in three on a home run as part of a 3 for 4 day, and Kaytelin Graf homered and drove in two; she also went 3 for 4. Dani Snyder worked five innings and gave up just one hit.
Central Kitsap 17, Kingston 2
Zee Young drove in three runs and Paris Agana gave up just two runs over five innings as the Cougars (2-0) dominated the Buccaneers (0-2), 17-2. Central Kitsap has now scored 36 runs in two games as they head for a 5 p.m. game today against North Kitsap. See the full story here.
- Wilson 18, Bremerton 9
- Elma 14, Klahowya 4
Olympic 9, Sequim 1
Evan Turnquist worked four shutout innings to earn the win as Olympic (2-0) knocked off Sequim, 9-1, in its first league game of the season. Turnquist struck out five, walked two and gave up just one hit. Turnquist, Logan O’Neil and Kylen Pereira each drove in a pair of runs for the Trojans. Turnquist and Pereira each drove in their two runs on doubles as part of a five-run fifth.
- Port Angeles 2, Kingston 1
- Cascade Christian 11, Klahowya 6
- Peninsula 2, Central Kitsap 0
- Vashon Island 3, South Kitsap 2
- North Kitsap 5, Bremerton 2
- Klahowya 195, Olympic 191
- North Kitsap 240, Chimacum 222
- Klahowya 219, Olympic 194
- Chimacum 280, North Kitsap 243
March 16 schedule:
- Port Townsend at Klahowya, 4 p.m.
- North Mason at Olympic, 4 p.m.
- North Kitsap at Bremerton, 4 p.m.
- Central Kitsap at Bellarmine Prep, 4 p.m.
- South Kitsap at O’Dea, 7 p.m.
- Lakes at Olympic, 4:15 p.m.
- Bremerton at Black Hills, 4:30 p.m.
- North Kitsap at Central Kitsap, 5 p.m.
- Kingston at Garfield, 6:30 p.m.
- Port Angeles at Kingston, 6:45 p.m.
- Bremerton at North Kitsap, 6:45 p.m.
- Port Townsend at Klahowya, 6:45 p.m.
- North Mason at Olympic, 6:45 p.m.
- South Kitsap at Sumner, 7:30 p.m.
- Central Kitsap at the Gig Harbor Jamboree, 3:30 p.m.
- Bremerton at Port Angeles, 3 p.m.
— Mark Krulish is a reporter for Kitsap News Group. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. For live updates from games, follow him on Twitter: @MKrulishKDN