Eating alone at home has a lot going for it. There is no pressure to entertain anyone, you don’t have to share your food, and you can make whatever it is that you are in the mood to eat.
Whether you watch TV, read a book, or listen to music, it is all your decision. It is to be enjoyed as a time to reflect, to rejoice, and to eat with your fingers!
Bacon Mac & Cheese
When you are home alone, and the craving for the ultimate comfort food hits, this recipe will make you one serving of cheesy bliss. No reason to think of mac and cheese as a dish for many. It’s just perfect for one!
2 teaspoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon canna-butter
1 tablespoon flour
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup milk, whole or 2%
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 strips bacon, cooked, drained of grease and chopped
2 scallions, chopped
4 tablespoons pasta, cooked and drained
2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1. Heat oven to 340° F.
1. Spray an 8-10 ounce baking dish and set aside.
2. In a medium non-stick skillet, heat the butters over medium-low heat and stir to combine.
3. Add the flour, salt, and pepper to the butters, whisking to incorporate. Continue to stir until the flour begins to turn a light golden color, 3-4 minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk and cook 6-7 minutes. Sauce will begin to thicken. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in the cheese, mustard, Worcestershire, bacon, scallion and prepared pasta and place in the prepared baking dish.
5. In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the butter and sprinkle on top of the macaroni mixture.
6. Dust with paprika. Place in the oven and bake, until golden brown and bubbling, about 12-15 minutes.