KITSAP COUNTY — A number of Kitsap County roadways are being impacted by construction or repair work over the next week and into the summer.
Here are areas where road crews will be at work:
Road maintenance crews are doing general road maintenance at several locations in South Kitsap. Flaggers will direct motorists around the work. Short delays of less than five minutes are expected in the immediate vicinity of the work.
- Watch for work crews May 29-June 1 on Southeast Mullenix (between Phillips and Dormar), Southeast Frasier (between Fraser and Tom Graham), East Wyoming (from Alaska to the end), and Southeast Forest Villa (between Jackson and Villa Court).
- Construction continues on Bethel Burley Road Southeast at the intersection with Southeast Burley Olalla Road. Expect delays of up to five minutes in the immediate vicinity of the work. Flaggers will direct motorists through the work area.
- A portion of Colchester Drive Southeast, between Yukon Harbor Road Southeast and Miracle Mile Drive East, is closed to through traffic from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. while a new sewer conveyance system is constructed. Local residents are able to access their property during the closure but they can expect delays in doing so. A detour route is in place.
Crews are working on maintenance and paving at these locations. Significant delays of 10 minutes or more are expected in the vicinity of the work. Use alternate routes if possible.
- On Thursday, May 31: West Sherman Heights Road (between Shipview Court and Kent Avenue);
- On Friday, June 1: Northwest Breeze Way (between Northwest Linden Land and the end);
- On Friday. June 1: Northwest Linden Lane (between Dyes Inlet Road NW and the end).
- Construction continues on Silverdale Way Northwest from 600 feet south of Byron to Anderson Hill Road. Expect intermittent delays in the immediate vicinity of the work. Flaggers will direct motorists through the work area. All businesses are open during construction but expect some delay. Plan ahead or find alternate routes to minimize inconveniences.
- Expect moderate delays of 5-10 minutes on Ridgetop Boulevard Northwest between SR 303 and Quail Run Drive as work continues on an improvement project there. Flaggers will be on hand to direct motorists through the work area.
- Crews are doing maintenance work on Hansville Road Northeast between 360th and Gust Halvor on Tuesday and Wednesday. Expect delays of up to 5 minutes in the immediate vicinity of the work.
- Crews are working on Gala Way Northeast between Lincoln and Marie on Thursday and Friday in the Gala Pines development. Moderate delays of up to 10 minutes are expected in the immediate vicinity of the work.
- Washington Boulevard Northeast — a 10,000-pound weight limit is in effect.
Coming up July 1 – Sept. 30
- A portion of Tracyton Boulevard Northwest will be temporarily closed to all vehicular and pedestrian traffic on or after July 1 until Sept. 30. The portion of Tracyton Boulevard Northwest that will be closed is from a private driveway located about 80 feet west of the existing culvert at MP 1.012 to the private driveway approximately 75 feet east of the existing culvert.
The roadway will be open in August during the Kitsap County Fair and Stampede. More information will be made available as the project start date draws nearer.