PORT ORCHARD — Windy, wet weather to start this week is reminding Kitsap County residents that the season of seemingly perpetual wind and rain is just about on us.
Strong winds experienced Sunday night continue to bring down trees on Kitsap County roads. In each of following instances, a tree came down, bringing utility wires down with it, according to the county’s Public Works department. Utility crews have been notified and are tending to locations that are affecting power and road travel.
Once the lines are secured, the county says, crews will remove the trees and reopen the roads. The roads currently affected are:
• Jackson Avenue SE – OPEN
• Olalla Valley Road SE – OPEN
• SW Minterbrook Road – Closed at the intersection with Sidney Road SW
• SE Maple Street – Closed between Roosevelt and Higgins (NEW)
• NW Church Road – OPEN
• Christopher Road NW – OPEN
• Port Gamble Road – Closed between Tree Ridge and Falcon Ridge
• Old Hansville Road – OPEN
• Hansville Road NE – OPEN
• Brockton Avenue NE – Closed between Middle and Newton
• NW Pioneer Hill Road – Closed at the intersection with Rhododendron
The latest information about road closures is at spf.kitsapgov.com/Pages/inclementweather.aspx.