Continuing its annual holiday tradition, the Poulsbo Fire Department will be giving Santa a ride through neighborhoods starting in early December to spread cheer, hand out candy canes and accept non-perishable food and monetary donations for Fishline Food Bank & Comprehensive Services.
Each night, Santa will start his route at 6, and PFD will be using the Glympse app so folks can track Jolly Old Saint Nick’s progress. The fire department will publish specific maps on Facebook the morning of each trip, along with the Glympse tracking link around 5:45 each evening.
Santa and his crew will be very well-lit and protected from the elements but will only be visible from at or near street level, a PFD news release says.
The schedule is as follows:
• Dec. 2 — Edgewater, Lofall, Ferry and Park Street, then the Surfcrest neighborhood.
• Dec. 3 — Claret Loop, Urdahl neighborhoods, Stendahl Ridge, Arendal, Max William Loop/Vetter Road neighborhoods and Liberty Ridge Apartments.
• Dec. 4 — Burmika Court and Woods and Meadows.
• Dec. 9 — Winton Woods, Windsong, Town of Keyport, Keyport Trace, Virginia Loop, Scandia Road to U-turn at Scandia Bible Church and Scandialand Mobile Home Park, Kings Cross Circle, North Star and Piper Court.
• Dec. 10 — North Side of Lincoln from Gala Way to Forest Rock and 12th.
• Dec. 11 — South side of Lincoln from Noll Valley Loop to Caldart. Includes Mesford, Viking Park, Megger Circle and 23rd.
• Dec. 16 — Woodcreek, Mt. Aire, Deer Run, Merideth Heights, Vaughn Milton Loop to Caldart.
• Dec. 17 — South side of Hostmark from Caldart to Fjord Drive as far out as Holm Court.
• Dec. 18 — 4th, Torval Canyon, Scandi Knolls, 1st, Sunset, Poulsbo Place and one final pass through Front Street.