When Kingston staff members had a chance to take a hard-hat tour of the Kingston Village Green Community Center under construction and get a glimpse of the new library, we were all amazed.
Our favorite elements include comfortable space in which to do our work and large windows to bring in natural light. We are so very grateful for this new building. I was so overwhelmed with excitement that I did not even think to take a single photograph. Fortunately, Glenn Wooten and Daniel Johnson have been providing the library with photographs to post on our bulletin board.
You still have time to be a part of this moment in Kingston’s history. If you are interested, please call or see me at the library.
This month our programs include:
• Family Storytime: 10:30 a.m. Nov. 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30. Early literacy learning fun! Lots of full body movement, songs, stories, and rhymes designed to build letter knowledge, vocabulary, and narrative skills.
• Kingston Book Group: 10-11 a.m. Nov. 4. “Crossing to Safety” by Wallace Stegner will be discussed.
• Kingston Writers Group: 6:30-7:45 p.m. Nov. 10. Enjoy a friendly, supportive atmosphere to encourage writing.
• Classics Book Group: 6:30-7:30 p.m. Nov. 16. “The Egg and I” by Betty MacDonald will be the topic of discussion.
• Crafternoon: Stained Glass Coloring. 3 p.m. Nov. 19. Join us for an afternoon of coloring. We’ll provide stained-glass coloring pages and markers.
LITTLE BOSTON LIBRARY EVENTS
• Family Storytime. 10:30 a.m. Nov. 3, 10, 17, and 24. Early Literacy fun with lots of full body movement, songs, stories, and rhymes designed to build letter, vocabulary, and narrative skills.
• Little Boston Adult Book Group. Noon to 1 p.m. Nov. 4. “Truth like the Sun” by Jim Lynch.
• Adult Crafternoon. 2:30-3:30 p.m. Nov. 4, 18, and 25. Bring your craft projects and discover our extensive craft book collection. All skill levels are welcome.
• Team Scarves. 2-3:30 p.m. Nov. 6. Make your own fleece scarf to show your team colors and keep warm this winter with this fun, no-sew project.
• Make-It Class: CD Weaving. 3:30-4:30 p.m. Nov. 18. All ages are welcome. Learn how to make a CD into a loom to weave your own creation. All materials provided. Please register for this program by calling the Little Boston branch, 360-297-2670.
Kitsap Regional Library will be closed on Nov. 11 for Veterans Day and on Nov. 26 and 27 for Thanksgiving. Libraries will close at 5 p.m. Nov. 25. Please check our website www.klr.org or call 360-297-3330 to confirm program information.
See you at your library.