With total boardings down more than 80 percent this past month, Kitsap Transit has announced that services will be cut by more than 30 percent beginning next Monday, according to a release.
Starting April 1, all routed services will operate on reduced schedules with eight routes to be suspended entirely. Previously, Kitsap Transit had said the reduction in service would begin April 6, but this was changed to April 1 due to a shortage of operators.
These routes will be suspended as follows until further notice:
- Route 22 – Gateway Express
- Route 81 – Annapolis Commuter
- Route 91 – Kingston/Bainbridge
- Route 92 – Kingston/Suquamish
- Route 229 – Trenton Commuter
- Route 234 – Kitsap Mall/Bangor
- Route 333 – Silverdale/Bainbridge
- Route 338 – Gateway/Bainbridge Express
The temporary schedules can be found here on Kitsap Transit’s website.
The Park & Ride at the Suquamish Clearwater Casino will close Tuesday (March 31) until further notice, as well.
First responders and healthcare workers who are affected by this reduction can call 360-479-7272 for transporation assistance.