The Kitsap County Visitor and Convention Bureau has announced the summer schedules for local farmers markets, where visitors can purchase locally grown produce.
Many of the markets have extra scheduled activities.
• Port Gamble Sunday Market — Sundays 11 a.m.to 4 p.m. beginning April 6. Farmers, artisans and crafters gather at this outdoor market on Puget Way, next to the maintenance shop and tennis courts.
• Bainbridge Island Farmers Market — Saturdays 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. beginning April 12. Locally-grown produce, plants, and flowers; goat cheese and goat yogurt; farm kitchen products such as artisan breads and pastries, herbal vinegars, jams and infused honey.
• Poulsbo Farmers Market — Saturdays 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. beginning April 12.
This is a producer-based market. A free shuttle bus will run between downtown Poulsbo and the Farmers Market site every 15 minutes on Saturday mornings. Special events throughout the season.
• Kingston Farmers Market — Saturdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. beginning April 19.
Nestled just under the walk-off ramp of the Edmonds-Kingston ferry, this Market is a wonderful day trip from the mainland.
Vendors offer fresh, local fruits and vegetables. Local artisans bring hand-made art and crafts.
You’ll find lots of baked goods, jams, pickles, honey, and freshly prepared coffee and food to be eaten at picnic tables or on the grass.
There are special events happening almost every week and music by talented local musicians.
• Port Orchard Farmers Market — Saturdays 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning April 26. Features fresh fruits, vegetables, farm-fresh eggs, seafood, herbs and mushrooms in season; fresh and dried flowers and bouquets; fresh jams, honey and baked goods.
There’s a huge selection of plants of all kinds and plenty of hot food for breakfast or lunch.
Local artists and artisans offer unique products for gift, home and garden.
• Bremerton Farmers Market — Thursdays 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. beginning May 15.
Products include jewelry, homemade soaps and textiles and locally grown produce and vegetables from local farmers.
Located at Evergreen Park.
• Peninsula Farmers Market — Tuesdays 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Silverdale Beach Hotel Parking lot (date undetermined).