Kitsap County’s Solid Waste Department will be handing out reusable and washable shopping bags at public events across the county in August.
Both Kitsap County and the City of Port Orchard are considering a reusable plastic bag ordinance. The City of Bremerton recently became the 29th city in Washington state to ban the use of single-use plastic bags. The ordinance will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2020.
Here are the times, dates and locations for when Kitsap County Solid Waste will be handing out the bags.
- Aug. 7: Walmart Poulsbo, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Aug. 7: Winco Bremerton, 3 to 5 p.m.
- Aug. 9: Goodwill Silverdale, noon to 3 p.m.
- Aug. 10: Port Orchard Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to noon
- Aug. 16: St. Vincent de Paul Food Bank Bremerton, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Aug. 21-25: Kitsap County Fair & Stampede, Kitsap Sun Pavilion
You can also visit any Kitsap Regional Library location during their open hours to ask for a reusable bag. The library can also send bags through their Home Delivery Service. Givens Community and Senior Center in Port Orchard and North Kitsap Senior Citizens Center in Poulsbo are distributing bags to visitors during their open hours.