A survey of Kingston-area residents is seeking to offer better understanding of the housing needs in North Kitsap.
A draft survey, was distributed by volunteers with Kingston’s Affordable Housing Working Group during the Village Green Community Center’s Discover Kingston open house event last year.
Chris Gilbreath, a volunteer with the working group said shortly after the draft was distributed that the group was examining ways to ease the burden of affordable housing scarcity in the area.
“We have a number of possibilities that we are considering already,” Gilbreath said. “That list includes perhaps creating a tiny house village, utilizing boarding houses, maybe creating our own boarding house from one of our agencies.”
To access the survey online, visit kingstoncares.org/survey/. Print copies are available and may be picked up at and returned to the following locations:
- Village Green Community Center, 26159 Dulay Road NE, Kingston
- Suquamish Wellness Center, 18490 Suquamish Way NE
- Indianola Country Store, 9175 NE Shore Dr.
- Hansville Grocery & Provision, 7532 NE Twin Spits Road
- Kitsap Regional Library Little Boston, 31980 Little Boston Road
Surveys must be completed by Jan. 31. For more information or to assist with survey distribution, contact the Kingston Affordable Housing Working Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.