House fire in Poulsbo displaces family

Home is uninsured and a total loss

A large family was displaced Thursday after an early morning fire in Poulsbo.

The Poulsbo Fire Department reports that an early riser discovered the fire that appears to have spread from the fireplace and was able to safely alert and evacuate the remaining sleeping residents in the home.

“The home is uninsured and is a total loss,” PFD’s Facebook post reads. “The home lacked any working smoke detectors and our community is so fortunate that the outcome was not much worse.”

Red Cross has been activated, and the family is sheltering with other family in the area.

Additional crews from North Kitsap and Central Fire & Rescue, and Navy Region Northwest Fire & Emergency Services responded.