A natural gas leak occurred near Olympic College this morning, after Cascade Natural Gas was conducting some upgrading to some gas lines in the area, according to Lt. Tom Stanley of the Bremerton Fire Department.
According to Stanley, when CNG personnel were digging, when they broke a T-fitting from a two-inch to a one-inch gas pipe.
Nearby residents were notified of the leak, though Stanley said that most of them were not home. Bremerton Fire Department took a water supply from a fire hydrant. Once the break was pinched off, BFD continued to standby until the air quality was below flammable levels.
Building 8 and Building 4 at Olympic College were initially evacuated due to the nearby gas leak. The evacuated buildings have since been determined safe for students to return.