SEABECK — County Fire Marshal Dave Lynam determined the cause of a structure fire July 19 in the 9600 block of Misery Point Road NW was electrical, according to Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue Public Information Officer Ileana LiMarzi.
LiMarzi reported that the origin of the fire was “in the living room by the front door.”
“He believes it was possibly started by a powered easy chair, or something near the chair such as a fan, cell phone or charger,” LiMarzi said.
The fire was a fully involved structure fire, and was attended to by crews from CKFR as well as Bremerton and Navy Region Northwest fire departments.
Due to safety issues, firefighters were unable to make entry until Puget Sound Energy arrived and secured power. Water was supplied by tenders, as there were no hydrants in the area.
“There was one occupant at home at the time of the fire,” LiMarzi said. “He awoke to flames and was transported.”